The Fast Metabolism Diet (FMD) – Phase 3
Phase III: Friday-Sunday
So now it’s time, in Hailey Pomroy’s words, to “unleash the burn.” Friday, Saturday and Sunday sees dieters eating most of the foods listed earlier in the week with the addition of healthy fats and oils. This is the time that the metabolism speeds up and, best of all; the list of foods allowed expands.
Foods To Eat – Phase 3
- Vegetables- Artichokes, Brussels sprouts, green beans, beets, butternut squash, French beans, bok choy, cauliflower, kale, radish, watercress, leek, zucchini, celery, wax beans, asparagus, spinach, sweet potato, all types of onions, lettuce (except iceberg), collard greens, fennel, eggplant, garlic, green onions, peppers, rhubarb, shallots, okra, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, palm hearts, mushrooms, olives, cucumbers, and bean sprouts.
- Fruits- Cherries, lime, lemon, grapefruit, cranberries, coconut, coconut water, coconut milk, peaches, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, rhubarb, and prickly pears.
- Protein-Beef tenderloin, ground buffalo, chicken breast, skinless chicken, turkey, lamb chops, rabbit, sirloin steak, lean ground beef, lamb liver, roast beef, deli meat, turkey bacon, sausages, herring, shrimp, salmon, crab, calamari, lobster, smoked oysters, tuna, sea bass, trout, whole eggs, nuts, legumes, seeds, black beans, cashew milk, almond milk, pinto beans, fava beans, kidney beans, butter beans, black-eyed peas, chickpeas, lima beans, lentils, vegan cheddar cheese, great northern beans, cannellini beans, and almond cheese.
- Fats & Oil- Hazelnuts, almonds, pecan nuts, coconut milk, almond butter, almond milk, hemp seeds, coconut butter, walnut butter, walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, peanut butter, tahini, flax seeds, chia seeds, avocados, hummus, olive oil, pistachios, sesame seeds, sesame oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and rice bran oil.
- Others- Carob chips, baking powder, mint, celery seed, cream of tartar, red wine vinegar, coconut vinegar, ginger powder, vanilla extract, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, rosemary, sage, thyme, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, chicken broth, vegetable broth, pepper flakes, cardamom, beef broth, pickles, tomato paste, bay leaves, cilantro, mint, chives, oregano, cumin, white vinegar, curry powder, cumin, fennel, nutmeg, and basil.
- Beverages – Coconut water, fresh fruit and vegetable juice, vegetable smoothies, and buttermilk.
It is equally important that you know which foods should be avoided to make the weight loss a rapid and natural process.
Here is a list of foods that you should avoid in phase 3.
Foods To Avoid – Phase 3
- Vegetables – Potato
- Fruits – Ripe mango, jackfruit, and banana
- Fats & Oils – Vegetable oil, mayonnaise, butter, lard, soyabean oil, margarine, safflower oil, and canola oil
- Beverages – Aerated drinks, packaged fruit juices, packaged coconut water, and alcohol
- Others – Tomato ketchup, ranch, tartar sauce, barbecue sauce, and sweet chili sauce
By now you must be enjoying your daily workout routine. For phase 3 rigorous workouts are not recommended, instead it is recommended to do the following: Massage, Sauna, Meditation or Deep Breathing and Yoga.
Here is a workout routine for phase 3.
Exercises For Phase 3
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Wrist circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Neck rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Ankle rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Leg rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Waist rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Yoga asanas
How You Will Feel At The End Of Phase 3
After completing all the three phases, you will feel great about yourself. Secondly, you will love it when you see your body transform. You will look and feel younger.
The fast metabolism diet not only helps you lose weight but also benefits you in many other ways. Here is a list of benefits of the fast metabolism diet.