FMD Phase 1 Phase 1 | Serves 1 | Prep time: 10 minute | Total Time: 15 minutes
Source: Haylie Pomroy & Metamorphosis By Law
- ½ cup of old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup of grated zucchini
- ¼ cup of acorn squash previously baked **
- You can also use pumpkin, butternut or any kind of winter squash.
- To cook the acorn squash just wrap it with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes or until soft.
- ¼ cup of grated carrots
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. of Stevia (to taste)
- A pinch of baking soda
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ½ cup of strawberries
- For the cacao sauce
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cacao
- ½ cup of water
- 1 additional tbsp. of Stevia (to taste)
- Optional ingredients:
- Tip: You can save time by leaving all the ingredients (except the fruit, water, and ingredients for cacao sauce) in a Ziplock bag the night before.
- Put all the ingredients (except the fruit and the ingredients for the cacao sauce) in a blender and blend it for 2 minutes. The resulting texture should be a little bit thick.
- Let the mixture rest for two minutes while heating the pan for the next step.
- Tip: ALWAYS let the mixture rest, that is the secret for successful pancakes
- Form the mixture into small circles in a nonstick pan and cook on medium heat for 2.5 minutes, then flip. Use approximately ¼ cup of the mixture to form each pancake.
- Tip: You know the pancakes are ready to flip when the edges of the pancakes lift up easily with the spatula.
- Tip: If the pancakes are raw in the center then try cooking them a little longer at low heat with the lid.
- For the cacao sauce. Put the water in a small pot on high heat and bring to boil. Once boiling, add the cacao and cook uncovered for 2 minutes at high heat, stirring occasionally, until you have a thick texture, then add the Stevia.
- These would serve 2 on Phase 3, minus the strawberries.