Phase II: Wednesdays and Thursdays
Once de-stressed, the body is ready to rev up into fat burning mode. It’s time to unlock those stored fats and finally make use of them. Wednesday and Thursday eating emphasizes proteins and vegetables. These two days will see your body burning the food you eat for energy as well as beginning to use up its stored fat reserve.
In this phase, your body will be conditioned to accelerate its metabolic rate to burn up what you eat and also start utilizing the stored fat as energy. You will be on a high protein, high vegetable, low-carb, and low-fat diet. Vegetables that are low-glycemic, high in lean protein and foods that support liver function should be eaten.
Lean proteins help you build muscle and veggies are rich in nutrients that support digestion and accelerate your metabolism.
Foods To Eat – Phase 2
- Vegetables- Asparagus, French beans, yellow beans, green beans, kale, white beans, bib lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, all types of mushrooms, onions, pepper, garlic, onion, cucumber, collard greens, rhubarb, watercress, spirulina, leek, swiss chard, spinach, etc.
- Fruits- Citrus fruits
- Protein- Lean cut beef, lean ground turkey, turkey bacon, chicken breast, turkey jerky, smoked salmon, tuna, oysters, cod, egg whites, etc.
- Beverages- Buttermilk, coconut water, fresh vegetable juice, and herbal tea.
- Others- Baking powder, cream of tartar, red wine vinegar, coconut vinegar, ginger powder, vanilla extract, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, rosemary, sage, thyme, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, chicken broth, vegetable broth, beef broth, pickles, tomato paste, bay leaves, cilantro, mint, chives, oregano, cumin, white vinegar, curry powder, cumin, fennel, nutmeg, basil, etc.
Foods To Avoid – Phase 2
- Vegetables – Potato, legumes, eggplant, bamboo shoots, sprouts, pumpkin, tomatoes, turnips, beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, potatoes, lemons, ketchup, lime, olives, avocados, tomato paste, and seeds and nuts.
- Fruits – Ripe mango, jackfruit, and banana.
- Beverages – Aerated drinks, packaged fruit juices, packaged coconut water, and alcohol.
- Others – Tomato ketchup, ranch, tartar sauce, barbecue sauce, and sweet chili sauce.
Exercises For Phase 2
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Wrist circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Neck rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Ankle rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Leg rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Waist rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Spot jogging – 8-10 minutes
- Scissor kicks – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Crunches – 2 sets of 20 reps
- Forward lunges – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Jumping squat – 1 set of 10 reps
- Sir cycling – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Horizontal scissor kicks – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Forward plank – 2 sets of 20-second plank
- Power yoga
Our hip flexors are the engine through which our body moves. They control balance, our ability to sit, stand, twist, reach, bend, walk and step. Everything goes through the hips. Mike Westerdal, national best-selling fitness author, sports nutrition specialist, personal trainer, Iron Man magazine contributor and founder of the internet’s longest-standing strength site, CriticalBench.com reveals the 10 Key Moves you need to loosen your hip flexors and unlock the hidden power in your body.
How You Will Feel At The End Of Phase 2
By the end of phase 2, you will notice a change in your body. You will feel light and active.