Getting Unstuck – Creating a Limitless Life – Oprah and Deepak Chopra 21 Day Meditation Experience
These are amazing notes – not transcripts – from Deepak and Oprah’s meditation challenge, Getting Unstuck, Creating a Limitless Life, written by DoinTheGratefulDance . I have enjoyed several of the meditation series Oprah and Deepak Chopra have shared. I am not affiliated with them – just a grateful listener too and wanted to share these wonderful notes. I couldn’t have done a better job! Thanks for sharing these notes!
Day 9 – Your Creative Self is Already Here
““The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity.” – Carl Jung
Message of the Day:
Today’s meditation is about becoming our creative self. It is our essential nature – we don’t have to do anything new to be it. Our creative self always seeks the present moment and we only need to let go of resistance and give it an outlet. This means letting go of our self-limiting beliefs and low expectations – feelings that we don’t deserve love, joy and fulfillment, that we’re not really a creative person. We gain contact with our creative self in meditation and these self-limiting beliefs begin to dissolve and we then naturally express joy, love and creativity in our lives.
“I find joy in creative living”
Ananda Hum (sounds like Ah-nahn-da Hum) I am unlimited joy”
“What I know for sure about joy is that the level of your joy is in direct proportion to how connected you are to living your truth. Pay attention to your life, deepen your awareness of what brings you joy, grace, love, creativity. These things don’t have a ceiling or border. They are boundless, limitless for everyone.” If we allow ourselves to have only great expectations of what we deserve in life – joy and creativity – we will be amazed to see what happens.
Oprah restates that when they talk about creativity, it’s not necessarily about writing music or painting a piece of art. They are talking about connecting with what is innate and most valuable inside of us, tapping into the highest expression of ourselves. Creative living.
Oprah quotes her friend, Elizabeth Gilbert from her book, Big Magic, “A creative life is an amplified life”. It is a bigger, happier and expanded life. If we will stubbornly and constantly live in this way, we will bring forth “jewels” that are hidden within us and that is a fine art in itself.
Deepak shows us how to recognize creativity in our lives and then once recognized bring it into flow.
We all know and love that creativity isn’t like work – and any moment of joy, lightness and flow is a creative moment. They don’t happen randomly or from some invisible source – they come from our always present creative self that is always looking for an outlet for expression. So, it creates these moments in our lives that we already most enjoy.
Guidelines for getting unstuck
- Get out of our habit of struggle and give our creative self – deep awareness- to organize our life in a much better way
- Get out of the habit of low expectations. Affirm that we deserve and have access to unlimited love, joy, appreciation, grace and fulfillment. We all differ but the same pure consciousness is available to all of us in the same unlimited amount.
Just like all good things, creativity comes and goes because our relationship to our creative self is uneven and partially blocked. Deepak says the key is to make our creative self our helper – our most trusted ally and guide. The two guidelines above are a great help, easy to follow and we can ease into them at our own pace.
One way to keep our connection open to our creative self is to pay attention to moments when we laugh and feel happiness, feel loved, appreciated, or when we create something that gives us joy, for instance. At that moment, pause and say to myself, “this is what I want and who I want to be”. By doing this, we reinforce our connection to pure awareness and our creative source. It happens when we’re in the now.
Listen to some relaxing music, breathe slowly and deeply, become more and more relaxed, and meditate for about 10 minutes using the Sanskrit mantra,
“Ananda Hum (sounds like Ah-nahn-da Hum) I am unlimited joy”
“This mantra awakens the state of unlimited joy that is your true creative self. Ananda is the inherent bliss, freedom and unlimited creativity of existence.”
Continue meditating for about 10 minutes and then release the mantra. Concentrate on the centering thought: being fulfilled and being who you want to be and repeating:
“I find joy in creative living
I find joy in creative living”
Reflections on Day 9, write about it…
- Write about 2-3 things I know are joyful, relaxing and creative for me – not like work. How can I include at least one of these in my daily life?
- Make a list of chores or duties that I avoid because they feel like work to me. Being creative, how can I possibly turn those into a creative activity (singing as I do them, sharing chores with a friend who doesn’t enjoy her chores, finding out what family members like and don’t like to do and find a way to benefit all?)
- What is one low expectation in my life – might be a relationship, work, or my own self-esteem Success? Happiness? How can I raise my expectations? Stating my needs? Make time for whatever lightens my mood? Inviting someone I admire to go to lunch or coffee sometime
Oprah lessons written by by DoinTheGratefulDance