The recipe makes a big pot of soup, so keep some in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and freeze the rest in single-serve portions. That way you always have an easy, delicious meal to have that won’t contribute to weight gain.
Specially good for the upcoming Holidays!
Recipe Originally sent to my email by: Carolyn Hansen
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 medium)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- chopped chillies if desired
- 20 cups vegetables of choice - cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, celery.
- bell peppers, green beans, edamame, mushrooms or any other
- vegetables you have on hand or prefer
- 2 x 14oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2 x 15oz cans kidney or pinto beans, chick peas or a mix
- 4 cups green leaves (spinach, Swiss chard, kale etc frozen or fresh)
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a large soup pot (8-quart or larger) over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic; cook for a few minutes stirring frequently,
- until softened. Add all other vegetables except for the green leaves.
- Add broth and water, tomatoes, beans; cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, until the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in green leaves and simmer 5 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving:
2 Cup Serving
|% Daily Value*|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Forever Natural Wellness