"An indulgence of fries, gravy and cheese. A Canadian specialty!"
Not too healthy but absolutely delicious! Had to share it!!!
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 (10.25 ounce) can beef gravy
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into fries
- 2 cups cheese curds
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep heavy skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). While the oil is heating, you can begin to warm your gravy.
- Place the fries into the hot oil, and cook until light brown, about 5 minutes. Make the fries in batches if necessary to allow them room to move a little in the oil. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Place the fries on a serving platter, and sprinkle the cheese over them. Ladle gravy over the fries and cheese, and serve immediately.
Variations: Add cut up cooked chicken or hamburger.
Use shredded mozzarella cheese in place of cheese curds.
Italian Poutine: Substitute marinara for gravy.
BBQ Poutine: Substitute a light BBQ sauce for gravy.
Original Recipe by NIKKIJM - from AllRecipes.com