Loaded “Egg White Muffins”
Jump to recipe
Loaded "Egg White Muffins"
Category FMD Recipes Phase 2 - Breakfast
Special note, make sure you have non stick tins or silicon muffin pans.
- 2 oz. nitrite free turkey bacon, chopped
- 10 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until beginning to brown. Next add the garlic and onion and cook until beginning to soften and become translucent.
- Next add the Jalapeno and mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms begin to release their juices.
- Next add the spinach and zucchini and cook. Add the seasonings and rest of the spices, and cook until zucchini are beginning to soften and the spinach are beginning to wilt. Take off the heat.
- Divide the turkey and vegetable mixture among each of the muffin molds. Once all the filling is divided, pour the egg whites into each until they are about 1/4 inch from the rims.
- Bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes. The muffins will puff up and have a golden brown color on top. Use a spatula to pull them out and cool before freezing.
4 thoughts on “Loaded “Egg White Muffins””
This looks great! Serving size, and number of servings made? Thanks!
Sorry it took me forever to reply! The recipe makes 12 and the serving size is 3 muffins. You can divide up single servings in plastic bags and freeze them. You can just throw them in the toaster oven at 325˚ for 15 minutes or so and there is a delicious breakfast for Phase 2!
Let me know how you like them!
Thanks but you can’t have zucchini in phase 2
You’re right! Thanks for catching this! You can still make these muffins without the zucchini and they will be yummy!