Loaded "Egg White Muffins"
- 2 oz. nitrite free turkey bacon, chopped
- 10 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until beginning to brown. Next add the garlic and onion and cook until beginning to soften and become translucent.
- Next add the Jalapeno and mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms begin to release their juices.
- Next add the spinach and zucchini and cook. Add the seasonings and rest of the spices, and cook until zucchini are beginning to soften and the spinach are beginning to wilt. Take off the heat.
- Divide the turkey and vegetable mixture among each of the muffin molds. Once all the filling is divided, pour the egg whites into each until they are about 1/4 inch from the rims.
- Bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes. The muffins will puff up and have a golden brown color on top. Use a spatula to pull them out and cool before freezing.
Special note, make sure you have non stick tins or silicon muffin pans.