Are People Happy?
Here are 7 Top Tips for How to Find True and Lasting Happiness in daily life:
1.) Let go of negativity.
* Learn to forgive and forget.
* See every challenge as an opportunity for further growth.
* Express gratitude for what you have.
* Be more optimistic about the future and your ability to accomplish life goals.
* Open yourself up to success and embrace failures or mistakes that happen along the way.
* No one is perfect.
* Don’t worry about the little things.
* If you want to be more positive, surround yourself with positive energy and people.
* Accept and love yourself for the unique gifts and talents that you bring to life.
* Spend less time trying to please others and spend more time trying to please yourself.
* Take life less seriously and learn to laugh at yourself.
2.) Serve and be kind to others.
* Treat everyone with kindness.
* Speak well of others. When you speak negatively of others you will attract more negativity to yourself, but when you speak positively of others, you will attract more positivity.
* Listen to others and support them.
* Be careful with your words. Speak gentler, kinder, and wiser.
* Respect others and their free will.
* Put your trust in others and be trusted in return.
* Practice generosity and giving without expecting anything in return.
* Smile more– to family, to co-workers, to neighbors, to strangers.
3.) Live in the present.
* Don’t replay negative events or worry about the future.
* Be grateful for your life, for each moment of every day.
4.) Choose a healthy lifestyle.
* Keep a daily routine. Wake up at the same time every morning and you will feel energized.
* Get enough sleep. Proper sleep is linked to positive personality characteristics like optimism, improved self-esteem, and even problem solving.
* Expose yourself to cold temperatures. For example, a cold shower in the morning increases your circulation, helps minimize inflammation in the body, enhances weight loss, and energizes and invigorates you to start your day.
* Eat properly. What you eat has a direct effect on your mood and energy levels. Eat plenty of organic, locally grown fruits and vegetables, nuts, whole grains, and dairy products that are both vitamin and mineral infused. Don’t overeat and try to practice healthy self-control.
* Exercise daily to the point of sweating. It not only helps to purify the body, but also releases endorphins which help to prevent stress, relieve depression, and positively improve your mood.
* Laugh more. Laughter is the best medicine. Like exercise, it releases endorphins that battle the negative effects of stress and promote a sense of well-being and joy.
* Practice deep breathing and yoga. The body and mind are connected. By relaxing and releasing tension through the breath or yoga practice you feel more calm and centered throughout the day.
5.) Take care of your spirit.
* Strive to always learn new things and discover new ways of expressing your divine gifts.
* Get creative. This will help to keep your mind in a positive place.
* Practice living in the present moment.
* Practice meditation. Research has proven that even as little as 10 minutes of meditation a day can lead to physical changes in the brain that improve concentration and focus, calm the nervous system, and help you to become more kind and compassionate, and even more humorous. Then bring the joy and peace you receive from meditation into your daily life and activity.
* Be honest.
* Surrender to the Universe and allow it to take care of the littlest things in life to the greatest and most important.
6. ) Be inwardly free.
* Live minimally and simply. Extravagant living brings more stress not more satisfaction.
* De-clutter your home to de-clutter your mind. Clutter is an often unrecognized source of stress that promotes feelings of anxiety, frustration, distraction, and guilt.
* Go without certain things you think you need.
* Appreciate what you have.
* Take some time away from life’s complicated outer involvements to get to know your family, your neighbors, and your loved ones better; and to get to know yourself.
7.) Reconnect with Nature.
* Visualize yourself happy, doing the things that will bring you inner and outer success in life.
* Write down the things you need to do to create a Happiness Bucket List or a Vision Board. Start with the little things you know you can do each day that will bring you joy. Then move on to accomplish greater and greater things on your happiness bucket list.
Share Happiness with your family & friends!
A ground-breaking “docu-fiction” that masterfully blends reality and drama, actors and real people, Finding Happiness captures a joyful reality, told directly from the heart and soul of the people who are actually living it. Juliet (Elisabeth Rohm, Law and Order, American Hustle; Stalker), a fictional New York investigative journalist with a fair amount of skepticism and a dash of curiosity, takes us on a journey to see how real people are living together in an harmonious, cooperative, peaceful, conscious community called Ananda – which means “joy”. Her unwanted assignment leads her to unexpected discoveries about her story and about herself.