- 4 to 5 ounces New York strip steak
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped red or green chile pepper
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ lime, squeezed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 tablespoons Phase 2 Salad Dressing (below)
- Preheat the broiler, and put the broiler pan in to get hot.
- Trim excess fat off the steak. Rub both sides of the steak with the garlic, salt, and pepper. Place the meat in the hot broiler pan and broil to desired doneness, 7 to 15 minutes (you can butterfly or slice the steak in half if you want it well done without charring the outside).
- While the steak broils, toss the spinach, cucumber, onion, chile, and bell pepper together in a large salad bowl. Top the mixture with the lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice the steak into 1½- inch strips and serve on top of the salad and veggie mix. Drizzle with dressing before serving.
SALAD DRESSING (Phase 2): Makes about ¾ cup
½ cup-chopped peeled cucumber 1 garlic clove 3 teaspoons balsamic or apple cider vinegar 2 teaspoons cilantro or parsley 1 teaspoon dill ½ teaspoon Stevia or Xylitol 1/8 teaspoon sea salt Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Source: Haylie Pomroy