Blueberry Lime Zucchini Pound Cake
- • 2 cup all-purpose flour
- • 1 cup granulated sugar
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp baking soda
- • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- • 1 cup shredded zucchini
- • 2/3 cup milk
- • ½ Tbsp vanilla extract
- • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- • 1 large egg
- • Zest of a lime
- • 1 cup blueberries
- For the Glaze:
- • 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- • Juice of 1 lime (about 2-3 Tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt together. Add zucchini, milk, vanilla extract, melted butter, lime zest and egg. Fold in blueberries.
- Put mix into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until light golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and add glaze. For the glaze: whisk together the powdered sugar and lime juice until smooth. Drip over pound cake and let set.
- Grab a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!
*Note: this pound cake freezes really well, but do not add the glaze if you intend to freeze. If you decide to freeze, add the glaze once thawed and ready to serve.