Acknowledging the good aspects of life and giving thanks have a powerful impact on emotional wellbeing.
Practicing gratitude has proven to make people feel happier, and have less health problems. Some of the benefits that can be noticed are:
• Stronger immune systems and lower blood pressure;
• Higher levels of positive emotions;
• More joy, optimism, and happiness;
• Acting with more generosity and compassion;
• Feeling less lonely and isolated;
• Sleep better;
It’s not joy that makes us grateful, but gratitude that makes us joyful.