This article gives you an insight to weight loss with yoga and is for those who would like to see a new self the next time they look hopefully into the mirror.
The Story So Far…. Weight Loss and Yoga:
- Weight loss is about 80% eating habits and 20% working out.
- Aim to lose both body fat as well as overall weight.
- Be regular in your yoga practices.
- Keep the metabolism active by having 5-6 small meals throughout the day. This will also help you keep your pseudo-hunger at bay.
- Be passionate about your yoga workout as the passion will help you go deeper into your yoga practice.
- Be 100% with the food on the dinner table. Avoid watching TV or chatting on the phone when eating and adopt a balanced diet.
Can yoga really help you lose weight?
The basic fact about yoga is that it is an aerobic exercise that, when done at moderate speed, can help you get in shape. For serious weight loss, it needs to be done over a period of time and under the supervision of a yoga expert. The advantage of yoga is that it leaves you fresh and new every time you are done with your workout. The reason is the fact that yoga brings your mind, body, and breath on the same platform. This phenomenon makes it more interesting, easy, and effective compared to other workouts.
Minding the Mind:
The secret to weight loss is in getting your act straight. You need to set your mindset right.
Control Your Weight Before It Controls You:
Age plays an important role in weight loss too. If you are young, then the chances of you getting into the shape with minimal efforts are high, but it is tougher for those who are on the other side of thirty. Once you cross your thirties, special attention needs to be given to eating habits.
Choosing carbohydrates, fats and proteins wisely over the different meals of the day will help you go a long way in achieving your goals. Complex carbohydrates and healthy fats can be a part of your breakfast but shouldn’t be included again for your supper.
Also, tracking your diet can give you an idea of where your macronutrients are coming from. Remember to track each and everything that goes in. This will make you aware of what you are having throughout the day and will make you think twice the next time you reach out for your favorite cupcake. The more you educate yourself with food labels, the more you become cautious and make healthier choices. It’s all about awareness.
But don’t forget to keep the fun factors going!!
Stick to your goals and diet plan and keep yourself motivated till the goals are accomplished. With your daily yoga routine, try to include these over the weekend:
- Go on short walks outside the city with your friends. Being outdoors helps you be close to nature and gives you the required break from your yoga schedule.
- Plan a beach trip. Make the best of a beach trip by walking on the never-ending shores, and don’t forget to carry your yoga mat.
- Bicycling is another outdoor activity that gives you a good workout. Bring some friends along. With friends around, you won’t even come to know the distance you have traveled.
It’s important to be outdoors as it elevates you, gives you a required break, and helps you prepare for the coming week’s yoga routine. And most importantly, these activities help you burn calories and eventually lets you have a slice of pizza or your favorite dessert that you’ve been dying for at the end of the day.
Always remember the 3 Ds of weight loss – Discipline, Determination, and Dedication.
THIS is for you if you want to shape up, lose weight and experience all of the amazing benefits a professional and progressive yoga program has to offer…all in the comfort of your own home….and your own time.
Go here if you’re ready to follow a done- for-you YOGA program designed to promote natural and healthy weight loss.
YOGA BURN may be a great fit for you.
Original Article published by artofliving.org