- 1 Medium-sized Sweet Potato
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Seasonings of Choice (e.g. ginger powder or cumin and chili powder or ...)
- Peel the sweet potato and then microwave it for 1 minute... this will make it easier to slice.
- Put on a glove and slice the sweet potato with a mandolin. Put the slices on a microwaveable tray.
- In Phase 3, spray the slices with some olive oil. In the other phases, skip the oil. Sprinkle the
- slices with sea salt and your seasonings of choice.
- If you're using a 1200 watts microwave, cook the potatoes at 70% power for about 6 1/2 minutes.
- The chips actually get crisper if you wait a few minutes before you eat them.
Know your Microwave: Most microwaves list their wattage in the manual or somewhere on the machine, and it seems like most recipes are written for about 800 watts. And the one thing we've learned is that cooking at a higher poweer doesn't necessarily cook faster, sometimes it just burns the food. So start small (3-4 minutes) and slow (the power level that would make your microwave equivalent to 800 watts... e.g. if your microwave is 1000 watts, set your cook power at 80%). Then increase the time at minute increments until you get the results you like. THen write it down so you remember for next time.
Source: Colbrook Kitchen