Phase 2 & 3
- 4 ounces lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup diced cabbage
- ½ orange bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped Hatch green chile
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium sweet potato, cooked and cubed (Phase 3 only)
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, cook the beef, onion, cabbage, bell pepper, chile, red pepper flakes, sweet potato, and cilantro, stirring often, for about 7 minutes, until the beef is cooked. Dress with the lime juice.
PHASE 2: Leave out the sweet potato for a great Phase 2 meal.
VEGAN SWAP: Substitute 4 ounces diced tempeh for the ground beef and cook as directed. Remember, because tempeh contains soy, this is an exception for my vegan friends.
Source: Haylie Pomroy
Image Source: Haylie Pomroy