Getting Unstuck – Creating a Limitless Life – Oprah and Deepak Chopra 21 Day Meditation Experience
These are amazing notes – not transcripts – from Deepak and Oprah’s meditation challenge, Getting Unstuck, Creating a Limitless Life, written by DoinTheGratefulDance . I have enjoyed several of the meditation series Oprah and Deepak Chopra have shared. I am not affiliated with them – just a grateful listener too and wanted to share these wonderful notes. I couldn’t have done a better job! Thanks for sharing these notes!
Day 3 – “Finding The Key to Your Creativity”
“Creativity occurs in the moment, and in the moment we are timeless.” – Julia Cameron
Message of the Day:
Creativity is a natural quality of life itself. It is not limited to artistic expression. Living from your creative core means you respond to every moment from a place of possibility and openness. This is how every cell of our body knows to respond to every changing circumstance with adaptability and creativity to maintain its health and balance.In today’s meditation, we learn that our awareness is designed to meet each moment with freshness, receptivity, and creativity.”
“I always have access to my inner creativity”
Ananta Swa Bhava (sounds like Ah-nahnta Swah Bah-vah)
“My true self has no limits or boundaries”
Even from a medical expert’s point of view, our bodies endlessly recreate with no effort, keeping us functioning in life – sleeping and waking up, getting hungry and eating and digesting, when we get sick, our bodies heal, even creating new life. We’re made that way – to shift and change. And that is the miracle of the energy of creativity that we all have and that fuels all of us. It’s innate within us and when we connect with it, we are limitless.
“The Worlds’ Wisdom Traditions tell us that awareness contains life-affirming qualities. At the deepest level, consciousness contains love, truth, beauty, evolution and creativity. These qualities are our greatest allies if we want a fulfilled life. Here, we will focus on one quality – creativity.”
Creativity is not given to only artists and writers. Creativity is bringing hidden potential to our lives, possible through the field of infinite possibilities – consciousness. Conscious Choice. When we’re unstuck and live our highest and best life with freshness each day, we’re living a creative life. Because our bodies (cells) are never in the same moment, always adjusting to changes – environment, stress, etc, mentally, physically and emotionally, they are programmed to support change hundreds of times a day. We (our cells) are designed mentally, physically and emotionally to be free and creative in our choices – how we respond in any given moment, exactly as we choose to. This is our birthright.
Some basic points to live a creative life…
- Every day is a new day so don’t compare today to yesterday. Live in the moment – each moment is new. Only being “stuck” makes it old. A choice.
- Know you have choices – that you can change when and how you respond when you choose to. Be the new you – make the choice you want to make rather than reacting to and in the same old ways. The real you is whatever you choose in the moment. Yesterday’s you is an illusion.
- If I find I’m reacting automatically, have the same old thoughts and use the same old words, stop and say to myself, “I’m a new person – how do I want to be”, take a few deep breaths, and when I feel centered, I can choose a new response. DONT DO THINGS AUTOMATICALLY – BE CONSCIOUS.
- Now I am no longer stuck and it was actually quite easy. I’m living without old defining limitations.
Listen to some relaxing music, breathe slowly and deeply, become more and more relaxed, and meditate for about 10 minutes using the Sanskrit mantra,
Ananta Swa Bhava
“My essential self is pure creativity and infinite source of all possibilities”
Repeat it silently to yourself and if distracted by thoughts, etc, return to silently repeating it…
Om Hreem Namah
Om Hreem Namah
Continue with the meditation for about 10 minutes and then release the mantra. Concentrate on the centering thought: being fulfilled and being who you want to be and repeating:
“I always have access to my inner creativity.”
Reflections on Day 3 – write about the following…
- Choose something familiar that happens every day in my life and makes me feel stuck. How do I usually respond to it and how does it keep me stuck?
- Imagine someone else in this situation who handles it differently and well (maybe without blaming or resentment or anger) – that I would like to emulate.
- Reflect and choose 2 ways that I can handle it in a different and new way and feel good about myself afterward – unstuck. Maybe listen and get more information, apologize if I had a part in escalating a situation, give myself some space and deal with it after I’m centered, validate another person’s position even though it’s different than mine – agree to disagree, negotiate?
Oprah lessons written by by DoinTheGratefulDance