Do you have leftover turkey from the holidays? Creamy, hearty pot pie soup is the perfect recipe that's got all of your extra ingredients in one pot!
- 8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups cauliflower florets
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 small onion)cup diced celery (about 3 stalks)
- 1 cup peeled and diced carrots (about 2 carrots)
- 1 ear of corn, or ½ cup kernels
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 2 cups peeled and ½-inch diced russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 pound turkey, cooked and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¼ cup minced parsley for garnish
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat 1½ tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, corn, and mushroom, saute 3 minutes. Add 3 cups chicken broth, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, and bay leaf. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to, cover with lid, and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Once tender, reduce heat to low and stir in chicken and peas. Meanwhile make the cauliflower puree.
- Sauté the minced garlic with the butter in a large nonstick skillet over low heat, about 5 to 6 minutes, do not brown. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7 to10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Do not drain.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add 2 cups hot chicken broth, sautéed garlic and butter. Blend for several minutes until the puree is very smooth. Stir puree into the chicken and vegetable mixture. Add more of the chicken broth to the soup until you achieve the desired consistency. Add 2 ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to season, or as desired.
- Remove bay leaf and serve soup hot garnished with minced parsley.
Pot Pie Soup With Turkey Leftovers appeared first on Jessica Gavin.