Cream of Broccoli Soup
A nice, warm, comforting soup for any night of the week!
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ¾ cup (175 mL) chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- 500 g cut broccoli
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer. Add broth, broccoli and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook about 5 minutes until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and process in blender or food processor until soup is as smooth as you like.
- Return to pan and stir in milk, salt and pepper. Add cheese and cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnish with additional cheese if desired.