Quinoa Salad With Roast Beef and Herbs
Phase 1 - Salad
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Pound Deli Roast Beef, diced
- 3 Slices Turkey Bacon, microwaved and diced
- 1/4 Cup Chili, sliced
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onions
- 1/4 Large Bunch Parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in a mesh strainer. Cook in Lekue Rice&Grain Cooker according
- to directions.
- Allow the quinoa to cool (or refrigerate to speed up the process).
- When the quinoa has cooled, mix in the 1/2 t salt, roast beef, chili, red onion, green onion,
- parsley, mint, dill, and garlic.
- In a jar or small bowl with a lid, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon sea
- salt, and black pepper. Shake to combine.
- Pour over the quinoa mixture and stir to combine.
- Adjust the seasonings of needed. Just before serving, top the salad with diced tomatoes and
Phase 1: Can be served for lunch.
Source: Colbrook Kitchen